Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Introduc(ing) Myself Right Now...

..And you say, just what the world needs - another blogger. Oh well, tough luck.

I have always enjoyed writing and speaking, and have done so since I was a child. I wrote stories, poetry, songs, ham radio DJ'ing.... I have a busy brain, and I'm proud to be an independent thinker who has stubbornly followed her own path for her entire life. That leads to a lot of observations and opining, and my way from preventing brain overload was to get it out by writing and discussing things with intelligent people from all walks of life.

Like everyone else, my life and opinions have been shaped by my my upbringing, my education, and my experiences. But, I am also a very practical person, and know when to shake off something I may have grown up with, but have outgrown because life has taught me something that has shown that perspective to be flawed. I don't adhere to a position, party, religion or set of beliefs because that's what my dad/mom/race/sex/income bracket/tradition did, does, or "should" do. I've always felt I should do what's right for me, and puts me on the right course to finding my purpose in this life. It's not always the most popular course, it hasn't been particularly profitable, and it can be damn lonely and frustrating at times. But I can look at myself in the mirror and always say I was true to myself. If you're not doing that, then maybe you should try it.

I'm not perfect, I don't claim to know everything, I'm just putting down my opinion like everyone else. If I can make you think a little bit, smile a little bit, maybe even laugh out loud, then that's great. I may piss you off. You may whole-heartedly disagree and may comment as much. I'm all up for intelligent debate - I have a ton of friends whose opinions and stances in life I'll never understand - however, I have a low tolerance for bullshit, and I can read someone's posts and determine a shit-load about them. So unless you like getting dressed-down in a public forum, come correct. I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong, or admitting I've been given some new information that may change my opinion on something. But if you act like a two-year-old, delete delete delete. I don't have time to entertain child-like behavior, trolls, and those who can't bear to have someone object to something they hold dear. Tough shit.

Oh, yeah, I curse a lot. I use smiley faces, too. I don't have to, but I do. Get over it. I could do a clean story, but no one is paying me, so screw it. If you're from a site or publication that would love to have something I've written cleaned-up for publishing, shoot me a note. I'm cheap LOL...
My blogs were originally read only by my MySpace friends who insisted I should publish my writings (thank you). Since Facebook is blogger unfriendly and everyone who used to follow my posts defected to FB, I had to find another outlet for myself and for the folks that enjoy my writing. I good friend of mine recommended Blogger, so here I am.

The postings that folks seem to enjoy most are my "Pet Peeves". It's basically 3+ examples of why life is so interesting, and yet so annoying. I'm one of those people who are really nice and helpful and encouraging, but the Pet Peeves allows me to get my shit off. So I may come across as bitter, cranky and even crass in those postings, but that's only a small part of my personality. If I didn't address my Peeve demon, I could be carrying an AK-47 into a workplace...maybe yours (insert evil laugh here).

For those new to my rantings (or those folks who wanted to revisit them), I'll be posting all of the Pet Peeves from #1 to - yes - #22. That's a lotta peeves, I know. The dates are approximate since I posted them originally as bulletins, and some of these go back kinda far. I'll also post things such as random thoughts, and Unpopular Opinions. Yeah, I throw those out there. I'm not afraid to speak my mind. I'm also not afraid to admit when a topic has come along that has been hard for me to get my arms and brain around.

So...enjoy.

Or don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment